Mother of Carmel is the beacon of our institution and we are blessed with her motherly protection, power and presence in our day to day life.
- To empower the women and children through quality nursing education.
- To promote excellence in the nursing profession based on Christian values.
- Carmel College of Nursing envisages to expend the horizons of nursing profession through LOVE, LIFE, KNOWLEDGE AND SERVICE to facilitate upliftment of the women.
- Service to God is Service to Humanity
- We believe that the love of God and love of Neighbor inspire us serve mankind.
- We believe that education is the key to all progress and achievement.
- To participate in the Healing Ministry of Jesus.
- To empower women to achieve social, cultural, spiritual and economical well being.
- To prepare efficient professional Nurses to deliver comprehensive health care services in all health care settings.
A brief overview of the institution
Carmel College of Nursing ,Chunangamvely, Aluva is a New College, which is upgraded from Carmel School of Nursing as per order NO.G. 1699/ 2011/ NC dated 16/ 05/ 2011 with an annual intake of 40 students.
Carmel College of Nursing is a sister concern of Carmel Hospital which is under Carmel Medical Society Registered under 'Charitable Society Act'.
Carmel Hospital is the parent hospital started in the year 1968, based on the missionary spirit & zeal of Blessed Chavara Kuriakose Elias the founder of congregation of Mother of Carmel; Carmel Hospital is owned by CMC Sister of Vimala province Ernakulam. It is situated at the out skirt of Aluva, about 2 KM from Aluva Town on the side of Aluva Munnar Road, in Keezhmad Panchayath. It is a Multi Specialty Hospital with 200 bed capacity. 50% of the population belongs to low income group. Majority of them are casual laborers. They are the beneficiaries of our hospital.
The objectives of our Congregation
- Education and professional training of girls and children.
- Women empowerment though nursing education.